In 1915, J.A Althouse sold this parcel to the East Whittier Land and Water Company to facilitate a thirsty Whittier for the high price of $10. One year later, the 800 sqft red brick pump house and residence was constructed to service the rapidly growing citrus and agricultural boom in East Whittier. The pump house brought water from the San Gabriel River and was operational until the late 1980's. The historic property was purchased from Suburban Water Company in 1999 and the residence was steadily improved over the last 20 years. Plumbing, sewer, and electrical have been upgraded. New roof replacement, attic insulation, and all exterior siding repaired in 2022. The oversized 1,000 sqft garage can accommodate at least 6 cars and has a concrete vehicle inspection pit. The zoning is R-3 so there might be the possibility to add an ADU or units. The high ceilings and tall windows of the brick pump house building would be a great creative artisan space, a live-work environment, a contractor's delight, or an amazing living space if renovated. Don't miss your chance to own one of Whittier's important pieces of history.